Madonna's (Latest) Outrageous Tour Demands
Any time a major star (especially females) go on tour, we hear about a list of demands they’ve made in order to make their lives more comfortable while they are away from home. Sometimes, the requests are reasonable even if a little extravagant but, all too often, there are some over-the-top demands that only serve as a reminder that some people have lost touch with reality.
This week, Madonna’s tour rider has come under scrutiny and, to be honest, it’s not all that surprising given her personality. Here are her requirements:
- A 200 person entourage comprised of yoga instructors, personal chefs and 30 bodyguards. I don’t see how this adds up to 200 people. I could see 50 or even 100, maybe, but 200?
- A dressing room equipped with 20 international phone lines. Wow. Will she need a personal phone operator to direct all of those calls?
- The backstage area must look exactly like her home in every venue she visits. She is so serious about this that she has her own furniture shipped around with her. That’s the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard.
- Furniture must be draped in a special fabric that smells like roses and lilies and there must be actual living roses and lilies in her environment (with perfectly cut 6-inch stems). I mean, yes, that is very nice and who doesn’t want their space to smell good but that is absolutely wasteful and ridiculous.
- She must be wearing the exact same costumes every night and to accomplish this, she must have her own dry-cleaning services on the premises. I’m not even going to comment.
- Her personal chef must prepare strictly vegan food. This one is at least fair. If this is her chosen diet then it is understandable and reasonable.
It is times like these, though, when I’m sad for celebrities who have obviously lost the ability to appreciate their lives, relax a little and not be so demanding. They have so much when so many have so little.
Be the first to comment and win valuable reputation points!