Feedback

Coldplay Deny Reports of Three Year Break, Talks New Album

In two recent interviews, Coldplay’s Chris Martin contradicted statements made in Australia about taking a three-year break. Coldplay Deny Reports of Three Year Break, Talks New Album

Over the past month, Coldplay, at a performance in Brisbane, Australia, appeared to be taking a three-year break. But, how accurate was this information? Frontman Chris Martin had told the crowd, "This is the last big show for three years or so," and now he is retracting his statements.

In an interview with The Sun, Martin explained that such a statement about taking a break is routine for ending all of their tours. Added to that, the band has plans to put together a follow-up to last year’s Mylo Xyloto. Regarding rumors of a hiatus, Martin said to The Sun: “The album is definitely coming, unless the rest of the band decide to pursue their modeling careers of course – goodness knows mine is over.”

This interview was not the sole occasion the singer addressed Coldplay’s future. Speaking with The Daily Star, he continued to contradict the statement made in Australia, saying: "I'm fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop. No chance are we taking a three-year break."

About the album, Martin added: "I've been writing songs and I'm so fired up about the band's future." 

So, because rumors regarding a three-year break were simply that, what would you like Coldplay’s possible new release to sound like? Would you like them to continue the variety of Mylo Xyloto, or is going back to their classic sounds a better strategy? Or, do you think they should go in a completely new direction?

Written on Dec 01 2012 by Irene Test (Google+ profile), writer at KOvideo. Tags: coldplay

Comments

Be the first to comment and win valuable reputation points!

Leave a Reply Login/Register