Amy Winehouse Died From Extreme Alcohol Poisoning
It has been several months since Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London apartment and fans have been waiting for an official cause of the singer’s death.
Winehouse’s family appeared on Anderson Cooper’s talk show to discuss her sudden and untimely death and her father, Mitch, made it known that he believed his daughter died from a seizure related to a drug used to help ease the symptoms related to detoxification.
An initial autopsy revealed that there were no illegal drugs in Winehouse’s system but the results were inconclusive and required further testing. Now, a completed investigation has shown that the soulful singer died from alcohol poisoning. Coroner, Suzanne Greenaway, stated that Winehouse died with “a blood alcohol level more than five times the drunk-drive limit.”
The coroner’s report cannot come as much of a shock to those who followed Winehouse’s life and career. While she did make an effort to stop drinking, just a month before she died she was forced to leave a stage in Serbia after extreme drunkenness caused her to forget the lyrics to her own songs.
Her father, Mitch, hopes that Winehouse’s death will help raise awareness about drug and alcohol abuse.
Be the first to comment and win valuable reputation points!